Friday, May 8, 2009

Feature Friday!!!

I have decided that on Fridays I will feature one of the fabulous Unique Women In Business shops! It just so happens that today I have landed on ........CUrious Mess!!! This wonderful etsy shop is maintained by Starla, and is full of fun, unique artsy items! Here are a few of my favorites from Curious Mess


This bowl has my name all over it! I love purple! I just may have to snag this up! This pretty purple bowl is made up entirely of fabric that has been cut into pieces! This bowl would make a wonderful decorative piece! It measures 5 1/2 inches across the top and is 2 1/2 inches deep. I am thinking this would be perfect to put some jewelry supplies in!


This is such a beautiful piece of artwork!!! I am seeing this hanging in a cute kitchen! This wood art features beautiful cherries that were hand painted over a piece of old dictionary that was given a wash of pink. THe entire piece has been given a coat of gloss varnish to protect it. It measures 9.5 X 5 inches and is an inch thick. It is ready to be purchased and hung on your wall!


Oooh another beautiful fabric bowl! THis one is amazing! Perfect for Spring and Summer! This bowl was made with strips of cream colored fabric and then embellished with embroidery floss into a cute and simplistic cherry blossom motif. The bowl measures about 2 inches deep and about 5 3/4 inches across the top.

Another favorite of mine! This is just an amazing piece and I think it would make a great gift for the upcoming Fathers day! This is the first in my "Button Seedling" series. I'm playing with the idea that the button is a "seed" that is "planted" in the fabric and the embroidery and embellishments are the seedling growing! There's embroidery and wire wrapping on this piece to give it dimension and a sculptural quality. It's been mounted on a piece of wood measuring 6.5 x 6.5 inches and 3/4 of an inch thick and is ready to be hung on your wall.

0 comments: