Monday, July 13, 2009

Featured Artist-Tootsies Tidbits!!!!

Check out the amazing interview with unique women in business member Tootsies Tidbits!!!

Name~ Kim Gachnang
Age~40
General Location~ Wisconsin-I am an imported Cheese head!

What is the Name of you shop?~ Tootsies Tidbits


Where does the name of your shop come from?~ A friend of mine used to call me "Tootsie Belle" for no particular reason, so I've used Tootsie in a few different ways. To go along with the name I've always handed out Tootsie Rolls when I have a booth at conferences, as well as including some in packages I mail out. Ironically, I can't stand Tootsie Rolls!

How long have you been creating and what do you create?~ I officially began Tootsie's Tidbits just over a year ago, but I've been creating learning items for children and classroom organization items since I started teaching 12 years ago. After starting my etsy shop I wanted a unique way to keep my shop address handy for my customers and started making the personalized clothespin magnets. I started playing around with card making recently so I've also added a section for that to my shop.



Workspace-Tell us a little about where you create~ I am lucky enough to have a whole room for my 'craft room.' I use it both for creating and for supply storage for my child care. I tell myself it is a sign of a creative mind that it's perpetually messy!


ANy advice you want to give to someone looking to start their own business?~ My biggest piece of advice would be to choose something you are passionate about because you will be investing a lot of time and effort into it!!



Fun facts you want to share with us?~ When I was about 3 years old my dad took me to the zoo because they were going to get rid of their elephant exhibit and a local radio station was staging a protest. A news crew showed up and that night on the news was footage of a little 3 year old girl crying and waving goodbye to Sabu, her favorite elephant. The zoo decided to keep the exhibit and Sabu lived many more years, eventually dying of old age when I was in high school. I have felt a connection to elephants my whole life and this summer will be riding one for the first time. I can't wait!

Thank you so much Kim! You are a huge part of UWIB!!


2 comments:

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Kim,
I adore your heart touching story. Enjoy the ride! You have an excellent business!

Karey said...

Kim,
If you haven't read Modoc, I highly recommend it. That book made me fall in love with elephants!
Enjoy!
Karey