Sunday, July 26, 2009

Featured Artist~Lilly Pea Designs

It is time to feature another one of our fabulous members! This time let me introduce you to the owner and designer of Lilly Pea Designs!!! Enjoy this wonderful interview!


Name~ Jennifer Pilchak

Age~ 28

General Location~ Columbus, Oh

What is your shop name~ Lilly Pea Designs



Where does the name of your shop come from?~ Lilly is a nickname from my husband, and Pea is play-on words from my last name initial.. so it's me, indirectly!

How long have you been creating and what do you create?~ Ever since my mom handed me my first pair of scissors paper crafting has been a part of my world. For a long time I was only into scrapbooking but in 2003 I started making cards. I mostly create paper made cards, typical to the ones you would find on display at a scrap book store or magazine. You will also find a few invitation and stationary sets in my store. Other items I like to create are announcements, gift bags, mini scrapbooks- true paper crafter at heart here!




Workspace, tell us a little about your creating area~ Aw, well the dream is to have my own studio but for now I share the den with my husband. I have a corner that mostly consists of a desk, and everything is neatly organized around me in boxes, baskets and magazine racks. I did manage to snag a wall for inspiration with quotes and artwork and of course my french board full of business cards, pictures of loved ones, and personal memorabilia to make me smile. My whole area is small, and overflowing but it works just fine for me!


Any advice to people starting up with their own business?~ Promote, Promote, Promote, it's something I don't do much of, and I know that I should. Join a network or a community; the advice and support you'll receive is without a doubt priceless! Do what you love, what other reason is there to start up your own business?

Any fun facts about yourself you would like to share?~ Fun facts, hmm.. I'm a proud member of Unique Woman in Business and the Etsy Greetings Team, I am training for a 200 mile relay in October called the Bourban Chase, and in addition to working full time and my Etsy shop I am also a demonstrator for Stampin' Up. Life is never slow for Lilly Pea :)
THANK YOU JENNIFER FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS!!!

4 comments:

DawnCorrespondence said...

Wonderful interview! YAY UWIB! xoxoxo

FashionTouch.etsy.com said...

Such a cuties! Love the cards! YOu life is really busy, but it is the most fun then!!!

Elena
http://fashiontouch.etsy.com

DixieDoodleGoodies said...

Love these cards...absolutely gorgeous!

Dee said...

great interview, and such great cards!