Sunday, January 3, 2010

Stalker Sunday - Featuring ArtbyMSR


Name: Maria Soto Robbins

General Location: Miami, Florida
Shop Name: artbymsr
What do you create? Fine art: I love to create impressionistic oil paintings in vibrant colors. And to paint scenes of my native Cuba and scenes of Miami Beach and the local colors found in south Florida.
What inspired your shop name? I thought long and hard about it, and I think my initials just conveys the way I always sign my paintings. Short and sweet!
How long have you been creating and how did you get started? Actually, I only started about 5 years ago. I'm mostly self-taught even though I grew up in an artistic environment. My mother, Carmen Seres was a professional oil painter as well as my two brothers.
Tell us about your work space: Very compact~lol! My studio/office/shipping center is where the action is! I wish I had a bigger studio, actually.
Any advice for those thinking about starting their own business? Read everything you can about your craft and business related info that you can get your hands on. The library is such a great, free resource. I read about one how-to book a week and there is always soooo much to learn! Oh, and try to tune out those negative people who will put the brakes on any of your great ideas! Go for it...it's your life and it's so great to LOVE what you do!!!
Fun facts about yourself: Some years back, I won a "barefoot cruise" to the Caribbean and since then I've been on over 15 cruises in my life! I've also sold real estate for several years, and own rental properties.

Visit her on Etsy now!

4 comments:

Momma Goddess Treasures said...

Wonderful interview and lovely, vibrant art!!

Julie B said...

"MLR"'s upbeat, positive attitude is reflected in her beautiful art. Thanks for the lovely interview!

Maria Soto Robbins said...

Thank you, Gals for your kind comments!
Maria

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

wonderful!!!