Sunday, January 17, 2010

Stalker Sunday - Featuring Lindentree Photography



Name: Julia Hosack

General Location: Vancouver, Washington

Business Name: Lindentree Photography

What do you create/sell? Cards made from my photographs. All are professionally printed and hand assembled. I have well over 500 images on cards, many of dogs, cats, birds, butterflies and other animals.



What inspired your shop name? My shop is named after my youngest daughter Linden.

How long have you been creating and how did you get started? I have been creating all my life. For many years I ran a successful quilting business until issues with my health made that difficult. I rekindled my love affair with photography. I hate to frame things and I wanted to keep my prices affordable so I decided to go with greeting cards. This also allowed me to work with many more images as I could never decide which ones to print. They're all my favorites.

Tell us about your work space: My work space is all over the house. I have a huge studio stuffed full of fabric, paper, yarn and other craft stuff. I spend much of my editing time on the couch or at kids' karate classes on my laptop. My camera (my baby) goes everywhere with me zoning that sense, the whole world is my workspace.



Any advice for those thinking about starting their own business: Dream big but don't expected to quit your day job right away. Talk a lot. You never know who might turn out to be a customer. Don't rely on the internet for all of your sales and marketing.

Fun facts about yourself: I played soccer in high school and college. I am one test away from getting my blackbelt in mixed martial arts. Both of my daughters will.get blackbelts this year. They are also very talented in music, acting, modeling and art. I am a strong advocate for animal adoption and rescue. I donate cards and money to my favorite shelters.


Visit her shop on Etsy today!

1 comments:

Kirsten said...

I enjoyed reading about the person and inspiration behind your lovely photography... Great post!