Sunday, January 24, 2010



Name: Amanda

General Location: Richmond, Virginia

Business Name: DawnCorrespondence

What do you create/sell? I create stationery, invitations, and other paper goods! My goal is to revive the art of letter writing in this digitized age. I also do quite a bit of custom orders so I am always happy when customers contact me with something specific they are looking for!







What inspired your shop name? My middle name is Dawn and I always wanted to go by that name when I was younger. It seemed like a great fit for me to be able to name my business after a childhood memory!

How long have you been creating and how did you get started? Oh goodness, I got started when I could walk! I was ALWAYS creating something as a child. In high school, I really got into digital illustration and design, and chose to pursue graphic design in college. My last year of college I began doing logo and branding work for pay, and the stationery business built from there. I've been doing it ever since!

Tell us about your work space: My entire house is my work space. My office houses all my supplies and many inspirational items. My laptop follows me around the house, and I can usually be found creating on the sofa. I also have a table in the living room I use for cutting, etc. Finally, the kitchen is where I set up my lightbox and take all my photos!







Any advice for those thinking about starting their own business? Make sure you are truly passionate about what you are trying to do or else you won't succeed. It's not an easy job to go into business for yourself, so if you are not passionate about it, it will be hard to continue.

Fun facts about yourself: I am left handed. I am addicted to making lists...but only on graph paper. I have a different notebook for each "subject" (i.e. weddings, seasonal ideas, random thoughts, events, etc.)


Visit her on Etsy today!

5 comments:

DawnCorrespondence said...

Woo hoo!!! I LOVE being "stalked" (in this instance, of course!). Thanks so much for this feature!

TwinsanityMom said...

Awesome interview! Love Dawn Correspondence! :)

FashionTouch - Unique Yarn Creations and Photo Props said...

Awesome featuure! Amanda is a great designer! She actually designed the banner for my etsy boutique at http://www.etsy.com/shop/FashionTouch :) I love it!

Design Knit Fun said...

Wonderful feature. Amanda has so many cute cards and great sense of humour too :-)

Gold Crest Bags said...

Great interview. I can't wait to use up my purchases so that I can buy more.