Friday, July 2, 2010



Name: Trudy Miller aka Momma Goddess

General Location: Greeley, Colorado - one hour north of Denver!




What do you create/sell? "My specialty is Wedding Jewelry!  I design and hand craft jewelry using semi-precious stones, crystals, sterling silver, copper, and whatever I find that I like.  I love sparkly objects and will usually fit a little whimsy or sparkle into the creations.
I also paint flowers on bottles.  I remodeled my home and put the laundry room upstairs in conjunction with a half bath.  Since my guests would have the potential to see this room I started painting bottles to keep my laundry soaps and softeners in to look pretty.  People saw them and everyone wanted one!"

What inspired your shop name? My daughter, Shilo Darrae, set up a gmail for me and named it Momma Goddess.  The name just stuck.  I've always glittered and sparkled since they were little.   My girls, Shilo and Tara Dawn, have both been my creative muses and always loved my creations.           

How long have you been creating and how did you get started? I have always dabbled in art in one form or another.  I started off painting with oils and loved it.  Then I tried acrylics and watercolors.  Soon I moved on to stained glass and finally found jewelry.  I have been making jewelry for gifts for a couple of years, but decided to do it full time when my company downsized.  This opened up an entirely new world to me; imagine, getting paid for doing something you love!!



Tell us about your work space: We added on a gorgeous large sunroom on the front of our house a few years back with large windows and stained glass.  This was to be my special room for me to enjoy my Amazon parrots and just read or relax.  So, the natural place for me to set up my studio was in the sunroom.  I have great natural light and the company of my beloved birds.  I have three; a Blue and Gold Macaw, a Lesser Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, and an African Grey!!  They sing and talk to me all day.

Any advice for those thinking about starting their own business? Follow your dream and your heart!  I have always believed that a person could do anything they set their mind to . . .

Fun facts about yourself: I'm crazy about 'my' local pro hockey team, the Colorado Eagles.  I rarely miss a game and attend many out of town games.  We have driven to Shreveport, Louisiana and Ft. Worth, Texas, to name just a couple.  I write a column about them in the Examiner.com.

I just graduated from the University of Denver in 2003, I won't tell you at what age, but I wasn't the typical 22 year old! 

I continue to chase fairies and dreams and will never give up!!

3 comments:

customdesigns4ubynan said...

she makes beautiful jewelry, love the 1st pearl necklace.

Maria Soto Robbins said...

Very interesting post about Trudy of Momma Goddess. Love her jewelry and she's such an inspiration for me!

SewDanish-Scandinavian Textile Art, Unique Handmade Supplies said...

Great interview. I really enjoyed reading it. Trudy' jewlery is so so beautiful.
Birgitte