Sunday, October 31, 2010




UWIB


Today's Feature
10/31/2010

Caly's Creations~Dawn Cook, UWIB Member
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CalysJewelryCreation
(click the above link to begin shopping)

So many pretty designs to choose from....
stop on over and visit Dawn's shop.
***
I can't seem to make up my mind...hmmmmm...
a pair of earrings, a beach bracelet or those sexy "Naked Sandals"!
***
How about these? Perfect gift for the New Orlean Saints football fan!

Any Beach Babies in the house?

I love Dawn's

"Naked Sandals"!

SO SEXY!!!!

Perfect earrings for your beach attire!

I grew up in Wisconsin and vowed to move closer to the ocean when I graduated from College. I wanted to be a Marine Biologist. I spent a summer in Biloxi, MS taking classes before I graduated and decided to move back.

I've always enjoyed working with my hands. I've enjoyed needle work, mosaics, photography and ceramics. I started making jewelry 6 years ago and have never looked back. I love creating something beautiful that reflects a bit of myself that the wearer can relate to. My jewelry reflects my love of the ocean and nature. It's "funky and fun with beach attitude".

Materials used:
I use the best findings and stones that I can find at a reasonable price.

Kazuri Beads- Swahili for "small and beautiful"
These beads are handmade by a community of women at the base of Mt. Kenya. Susan Woods started this cottage industry in 1975 as a way to help these women support their families. It started off with 10 women and has grown to over 100.
These gorgeous creations are made from the clay surrounding the mountain. They are hand formed and fired and hand-glazed one by one. Each bead is unique and beautiful.

Lampwork beads-
Learning to make lampwork beads is on my list of techniques to learn. Until then...I purchase my beads from various Etsiers and other talented lampwork artists that I've met on my jewelry designing journey. A few of my favorites....Jill Elkins Glass...gorgeous lampwork sea creatures. Lea Avroch....a recent fine. She does stunning beads in the ocean colors I love so much and Moon at Mixed Media Jewelry...she also uses my favorite color combos.

Also check out our other Etsy Store devoted to Gourmet Homemade Doggie treats...
3 Dogs Beggin. I also carry my line of Designer PetWear Jewelry there...Bling for your 4 legged companion..!

8 comments:

Patricia C Vener said...

The shell earrings are great and it was nice to read about another jewelry artist in uwib!

Karen Terry, Artist/Designer said...

I can't make up my mind....everything is so unique and beautiful!

Chilly Paws said...

Beautiful Collection! Love everything to do with the beach and the ocean.

Chilly Paws said...

Beautiful collection! Love everything to do with the beach and ocean.

Audrey said...

Great interview!!! Cute designs! Love the name...3 Dogs Beggin.....

Audrey

Sara at Soap Rehab said...

Love the beach attitude! Very pretty :)

Maria Soto Robbins said...

I love your pretty beachy jewelry and I've loved the Naked Sandals since day one!

Kirsten said...

Love the Beachy theme.. and the naked sandals are very cool.... :)